<--! !-->

<--! !-->

Friday, December 12, 2014

SCENES FROM THE BONEYARD

I've been lagging on blogging lately. Like the Scenes from Downtown post, this post in particular happened around the same time frame. I've been extremely busy with school to do a proper post, but now that I'm officially on winter break, I've got all the time in the world! I'm not gonna go into detail over what happened during this post, so think of it more as a visual diary. 

That same week as my adventure to downtown, my family and I went down to the Neon Museum, or the Neon Boneyard. The museum is outdoors and it houses the old signage from torn down hotels right here in Las Vegas. It was my second time going, the first being a field trip I took way back in high school. Back then though, we went as a photography trip so we didn't get to learn any of the historical tidbits I learned this time around. Anyways, I digress. Onward to the pictures. 



I thought it was pretty cool that the futuristic looking entrance/lobby was part of the La Conchita hotel. 

This was a pretty cool board you could interact with. It would scan you like how an Xbox Kinect would and you could pick which programs you'd want to learn about. I couldn't get the hang of it, haha. 


There was also this little digital photobooth. 


The one thing I can remember about this trip this time around is that it was unbelievably cold! In the shade it would get too chilly, but stand in the sun and it would get hot. It's that type of weird annoying weather, no in between at all, haha. 


Quite interesting to finally learn the history about all these signs. Even more stunning up close than seeing it way above your head. 



From up above I could only imagine how the entire museum looks through birds eye view. They had the old skull from Treasure Island, and the curator said it's pretty creepy looking at it from google earth. 

The single most creepiest statue there. Look at the face! 

I forget what the engraving on this leg means! Billings, MT?? Haha. 


Yes, I am an adult. 


One of my favorite signs because back when I did that photography tour in high school, I took a picture with this!

I had extremely red hair back then, lol. 

Here are some more of those photos I took, I was levitating in them!


back to the original post, hehe. 

I don't know why but I really like how this photo turned out. Symmetry? Colors? I don't know. 

Lady Luck!

They even had the Liberace signage from the now defunct Liberace Museum. 


And finally, an S for Sydney.

SOME QUICK LIFE UPDATES:

1. My first semester at University is over! My final examinations were this past Tuesday and Wednesday, I'm confident in my results!
2. I'm going on vacation soon and I'm super excited. Expect a ton of blog posts lined up. 
3. It is an amazing thing to me that University winter break is a little over five weeks. Back in high school, it was a weak two weeks, and our finals would take place the week we get back. 
4. I'm super excited for the next semester for school!

Until then, thanks for reading. 

.x


No comments:

Post a Comment