<--! !-->

<--! !-->

Monday, June 23, 2014

Lunch at db Brasserie

This post is extremely overdue because of two reasons. 
1. I am a lazy blogger. 
2. I forgot that I had these pictures until recently.

Better late than never right? 


Anywho, one Saturday my mother took my sister and I to eat at Daniel Boulud's db Brasserie.

from their website: db Brasserie is Chef Daniel Boulud’s new contemporary French restaurant at The Venetian® Las Vegas. The menu stays true to Chef Boulud’s signature French-American cooking and modern sensibility by offering updated brasserie classics, along with three of Boulud’s signature burgers featured at his restaurants New York City.

I think the first time I had ever heard of Daniel Boulud was when my sister asked me to record the episode of Anthony Bourdain's Parts Unknown in which Anthony visits Lyon, France. All I can really recall is when Anthony and Chef Daniel make sausage. 

One of my favorite coffee places. Their Iced Caramel Macchiato is a must if you visit! 

We had reservations for around 12:30, the restaurant itself wasn't that busy at this time, but around the time we left people started flocking. 

 My sister was the one who actually pestered my mom to take us here.

Mom and I. Blurred my face out because I looked haggard that day, hehe. My dad was out playing golf that day, so he was unable to join us.

I do love simplified and straight forward menus. I thought the man on the front was Daniel Boulud but alas, I was wrong yet again. This is why I'm no foodie, hehe.

If there's one thing for sure, I am completely obsessed about a restaurant's interior design. The better the design, my expectations about the food get higher. 

I thought the light fixtures were very charming. 

For starters, we had Thai Calamari. Beer Battered Calamari, Spring Onions, Pickled Red Peppers, Mizuna Salad, Kaffir Lime, Coconut Curry Sauce. 

 Pâté de Campagne Bourguignon. Housemade Pork Pâté. Cornichons, Mustard, Country Bread.

Salmon Rillettes. Fennel. Creme Fraiche, Dill, Egg Mimosa, Caper Emulsion.

Now, for our main courses. 
Both my mom and sis ordered Coq au Vin. Braised Chicken, Lardons, Mushrooms, Pearl Onions, and Hand Rolled Garganelli. (I tried it and to be honest it reminded me of glorified chicken adobo. Still good though!)

As for me, I had the classic Steak Frites. Flat Iron Steak. Pomme Frites. Baby Gem Lettuce. Sauce au Povire.

A classic cheese platter to cleanse our palates, or as the French would say; Assiete de Fromages

For dessert we ordered this beautiful Black and White Fondant. 

Molten Chocolate Cake with Verbena Ice Cream. The Verbena Ice Cream was to die for, so refreshing and such a great compliment to the molten cake. 

A trip to The Palazzo wouldn't be complete without a visit to Barneys, especially if my mom is around. Unfortunately, photography is strictly prohibited so I went and snuck this ootd shot while my mom went shopping. 




For more information on Daniel Boulud's db Brasserie, visit their website at 
www.dbbrasserie.com or call at (702) 430-1235

No comments:

Post a Comment