<--! !-->

<--! !-->

Monday, June 30, 2014

DISNEY WEEKEND: DISNEYLAND

Walt Disney once said, "We keep moving forward, opening new doors, and doing new things, because we're curious and curiosity keeps leading us down new paths." The one thing I can honestly say I have in common with Mr. Disney, is the fact that he and I are both artists. We have created worlds filled with magical entities, the most vile of all villains, and of course, heroes with names forever to be remembered. The one main difference I would say, is that Walt Disney has an empire of all these characters, while I, a student, a sketchbook.  That will never deter me though; I'm gonna work hard to the point where one day, I won't have to introduce myself any longer. 

Disneyland has always been an extremely special place for me. Growing up, I constantly watched the classics; I rooted for Cinderella when she was on her way to the grand ball, I watched in anticipation as Prince Philip fought Maleficent, and cheered for Peter Pan when he and the Lost Boys took on Hook and his men. Disney has always been a driving force behind my artistic creativity and when I watched the Renaissance Age Disney films such as The Little Mermaid, Mulan, and Beauty and the Beast to name a few, I knew immediately that I wanted to be an artist. 


One of my most favorite parts in Disneyland is when you walk in the entrance tunnel, and is greeted by this quote, "Here you leave today and enter the world of yesterday, tomorrow, and fantasy." If that doesn't get you hyped, I don't know what will! 

I love the vibe of Main Street. Everything is so nostalgic, but the hustle of the crowd keeps the place feeling so alive. 

 Adventure Land is one of the many "areas" in Disneyland. They house some of the most exciting rides like my favorite, Indiana Jones. The vibe of the place screams Safari, the cast members here all dress in adventure gear. 


 Adventure Land also is the sole maker of Dole Whip in all of Disneyland. Please, trust me on this, if you do go to Disneyland, try the Dole Whip! Think of it as pineapple flavored frozen yogurt/ice cream on top of fresh pineapple juice. It's one of the most refreshing and quite possibly one of the best treats Disneyland has to offer (aside from the churros, the turkeyleg, the candied apples, etc). 

Do forgive the out of focus shot but this is what I'm talking about. This is the magical concoction. Trust me, people line up for this and the line goes on! My sister's nails were pretty darn cute the entire trip. Look close, you'll see Minnie Mouse! 

Tarzan's Tree House! You can meet Jane and Tarzan in there, as well as explore the home. 

We rode the famous Pirates of the Caribbean ride first! If you notice above, the Disney Dream Suite is right on top of the sign. The Disney Dream Suite is a fancy shmancy suite from what I've heard, though I'm not entirely sure how you can check in, but I definitely want to! 

Afterwards, we went back to my home. The Haunted Mansion!! As a kid who loved (and still loves) the supernatural, this place is easily my favorite ride. I love the mythology and the story that went into building this wonderful ride. What I love the most are the confirmed stories that hardcore Disney fans went and had their ashes scattered in the ride! 

The names are to die for. 

We decided to utilize our time near New Orleans square and went ahead and did the canoe tour. Most tiring thing ever! 

Sleeping Beauty Castle! The centerpiece of the entire park. 

 Inside the drawbridge and through the tunnel leads to Fantasyland.

We rode the Mad Hatter's Mad Tea Party! Surprised I didn't vomit actually. 

When the sun started to go down we went to Big Thunder Mountain. I didn't take pictures of the ride but I did take this one! 
 I can't thank you two enough for organizing this trip and taking me along!! You two are the best, I love you both very much! 

So after that ride, we took a bathroom break, and little did we know that all the way in Adventure Land the Queen and Princess of Arendelle were also waiting to go potty! 

We met Chrissy and Steph, or should I say Princess Anna and Queen Elsa of TwincessParties! They are so freaking cool, and to be honest, they looked much better than the face characters Disney had. They do Princess Parties and for more information, you can follow them on their website right over (here), or follow their instagram at @twincessparties.

The Sleeping Beauty Castle at night is gorgeous! Time for the fireworks! 


We had a really great view of the castle during the entire show. 

The park was closing in two hours, so we went and did some last minute shopping and decided to go to It's a Small World. I've never actually ridden the ride in Disneyland, but I did ride it in Disneyland Hong Kong. Needless to say, it was really cute! 


Disneyland, you have been great to me. I'll see you soon! 

After Disneyland, you are tired and you are hungry. My sister and her friends took me to one of the best Korean barbecue restaurants I've ever eaten at. I think it's called Kang Ho Dong Bak Jun? I'm not entirely sure but here, look at these pictures!


--

I cannot thank my sister Trish, Kyle, Katrina, Ralph, and Kenneth for making this trip absolutely wonderful, and for celebrating my graduation with me. Thank you so much! <3

No comments:

Post a Comment