<--! !-->

<--! !-->

Wednesday, April 15, 2015

SYD GOES TO DOVER STREET MARKET GINZA

If you ask me, Dover Street Market in Ginza can be summed up into two categories.

Category 1. 

Dover Street Market is what looks like if you stare directly at the sun. 

Category 2. 

Dover Street Market is every avant garde artists' dream come true. 

To me, it's both. 

I felt like my visit to the place deserved it's own post. 


Dover Street Market is a multilevel fashion retail and concept store found by Comme des Garçons founder, Rei Kawakubo. The store I visited is in Ginza, but the original store is located in Dover Street, Mayfair, London. Hence the name.  I've always loved the destroyed/experimental look of Kawakubo's label, so to see an entire building dedicated to that was pretty cool. Actually, cool can't describe it well. It's an experience. 

DSM Ginza also houses brands such as Alexander Wang, Ann Demeulemeester, Chloé, Miu Miu, Juun J, Maison Margiela, and many more. The only thing I regret not visiting was the Rose Bakery at the top most floor. 

Anyways, let's get on with the pictures. 

There was this gigantic installation of what I'm assuming to be is a grasshopper. 


It's neighbor was this elephant. 

Computers so that you could sign up for the newsletter/browse collections. 

I really like the coat on the left. 


This cool cat in the polka dotted shirt was ringing up my shoes.
I didn't take a lot of photos because I was afraid I wouldn't be allowed to, lol. If you have the opportunity to visit Dover Street Market in either Ginza, New York, or Mayfair, then please do go! 

No comments:

Post a Comment