<--! !-->

<--! !-->

Sunday, April 12, 2015

SYD IN GINZA

My third day in Japan was spent in the lovely neighborhood of Ginza. 


Compared to Shinjuku, Ginza is in stark contrast. Shinjuku is everything loud, bright, and over the top. Ginza on the other hand, reminds me a whole lot of London, New York City, and even Paris in terms of architecture and how the streets are. Ginza is a pretty affluent area so I'm not surprised as to how clean it is, lol. 

I choked on my spit when I saw exactly how large this Uniqlo is. 

By the time I got to the 12th floor and did my shopping, I was exhausted. 


I loved seeing these buildings. Even the sidewalk was pretty. 

Mom and I had lunch at this tempura specialty restaurant. :) Hi mom!

Afterwards, we went to Dover Street Market. There's going to be an entirely separate post on that. Stay tuned. 

Cute couple in matching coats!
 
I'm not sure if it were pieces of rice or petals on the side of the building on the right.

Thinking back on this now, I really do regret getting only two pieces of Baumkuchen. I should've gotten the entire roll, lol. 

Also, I noticed how they had these cabbage plants on the sidewalk as well? I'm not entirely sure if it's real cabbage or flowers that look like them? Japanese readers, 説明をす下さい!

The Rei Kawakubo x Louis Vuitton collaboration. 


I saw this fat black cat! Reminded me of Jiji from Kiki's Delivery Service. 

Stopped by this cafe and had some pastries to fuel up. I had Coffee Milk while my sister had Vienna Coffee. 

<3

Ginza at night is even prettier. 

This dog statue would just move in circles once you press that button on the right. I think they were the mascot for SoftBank. 

Goodbye Ginza. 

before we headed back to Shinjuku, we found,
Sukiyabashi Jiro! The only three Michelin starred sushi restaurant in the world. They were closed for holidays, so I just snapped a picture, even if it said no photography LOL. 
You can watch the documentary, Jiro Dreams of Sushi on Netflix.

Back to Shinjuku. 
See the difference? Hehe. The two gigantic robot ladies up there were featured on Anthony Bourdain's Parts Unknown. As far as I can remember, the bar had a robot fighting theme/variety show atmosphere. 

This ends Syd in Tokyo! Stay tuned, for Syd in Osaka.

No comments:

Post a Comment