<--! !-->

<--! !-->

Saturday, April 5, 2014

Last Friday Night.

According to Katy Perry, her last Friday night consisted of photos ending up online, a blacked out blur, and being screwed. My last Friday night? Pretty much the same thing. Except for the blacked out blurs and being screwed that is! I cannot emphasize how amazing last night was. For the first time in a long while, myself, along with some of the dearest friends I have, had fun. Amusement, enjoyment, pleasure, jovial, mirth, and among others words cannot describe the levity of how much we enjoyed ourselves last night. 

As many of you know, I am a senior in high school. With these last few months of school coming, the stress builds up. College applications, tests, and projects are given to us left and right and to be honest it is absolutely stressful. This past week was tumultuous. School dragged on longer than expected and some things just didn't go the way it was supposed to. I don't think I've ever had a week in which I've slept only a total of 10 hours. 

One way to relieve all this stress? Have the best people around you. 

“If you surround yourself with the good and righteous, they can only raise you up. If you surround yourself with the others, they will drag you down into the doldrums of mediocrity, and they will keep you there, but only as long as you permit it.” 
 -Mark Glamack

I'm lucky to have the loveliest friends around. I don't see the point in keeping negative influences in your life, especially negative people. Like what Mark Glamack said, surrounding oneself with people other than good or righteous, they'll just keep you where you are, they won't raise you up, and you'll be stuck in utter mediocrity. I'm sure you wouldn't want that, right? Take this as advice from me, surround yourself with positivity and love, and you'll see what I'm talking about. 

So on this special and lovely, yet overcast day, we decided to go back to Korean Garden BBQ and pig out. A long day at school along with a club meeting leaves the average student starving, so this called for a feast. 

Alex and Tess joined us today! I've only gotten close to these two this year, but it feels like we've been friends for such a while. 

Cassie and Calvin. Cassie's the youngest out of all of us, she's only a baby sophomore hehe. 

  My Holy Trinity, the biggest inspirations I have. Sara, Nikki, and Esther. 

 Everyone's favorite couple, Ricky and Zoe. 

Zi and Alex! 
Because good food becomes greater with the right company. 

Calvin's obsession with Korean mashed potatoes had relapsed. I can't count how many times we asked the wonderful waitresses for mashed potato refills. 

Impromptu dancing. 

Secretly dating but not dating but they are. I don't know. 

We took a quick stop to Tea Station to get some refreshments before we continued on with our activities. I bought Tess Rose Milk Tea, which tastes like happiness. Nikki and Sara think otherwise. According to Sara, this wonderful drink tastes like "burning flowers" or "nail polish with gasoline". I guess it's an acquired taste? Haha. 

After Tea Station we went ahead to the Strip to do some adventuring. Tess's van is appropriately called the Adventure Wagon, hehe. 



We made our way down to The Cosmopolitan, one of my favorite hotels. Each hotel on the Vegas Strip has a certain theme to it. The Cosmopolitan is modern and very artsy. It's kinda obvious with all the artwork they have in their parking lot walls. 

Because it's customary to take group shots in front of the iconic chandelier. Tess and Sara were taking the stairs, lol. 

We all were wondering if one person were to jump from the balcony and grabbed onto the crystal wires, would it be able to hold them? 

I think the Vegas Strip looks prettier during an overcast day, when the sun is about to set. 

Las Vegas may be known for it's unbearable heat, but we are also known for our beautiful sunsets. On days like these, the sky is painted with various hues of cotton candy pink with accents of periwinkle. 

We crossed through Crystals to see some of their cool art installations and flower arrangements. 

With spring time approaching, Crystals had various flowers in a peacock shape arrangement. Beautiful isn't it? 

According to Ricky, the water installations reminded him of being flushed. He's not false though, they do remind me of futuristic toilets, somehow. 

 
Flower peacock with the Royal Azaelia Girl. 

The ice sculptures that still boggle me to this day. 
We stood around this spot wondering what we'd do next. I don't know why we'd never thought of this sooner, hanging around at the Strip and people-watching. Standing in one spot, you see the funniest of things. 

The Strip has all the glitzy and glamorous buildings, but one thing they're also known for are the most peculiar looking street performers. I couldn't get any pictures of them because if I did, they'd mow me down for a tip. Characters range from Transformers, Minions, and the ever so recognizable Show Girls. 

<3
Urban Outfitters! AKA overpriced hipster clothing, BUT they've got wonderful books. 

Across the street was the Bellagio water show, so we spent some time watching it. It was a great experience, not only because the water show was spectacular, but there were so many newlywed couples sauntering down the streets. It was such a lovely sight!

I think I've won the night with these pictures.

After the water show, we went inside the Bellagio and walked along the Conservatory and Botanical Gardens. As a bit of an early warning, there's a gonna be a ton of photos with flowers and lots of colors, so prepare yourself for all the pretty!

They had butterflies flying around in the Conservatory. I wish we were able to go in and see them up close!
You have no idea how many times I thought to myself "I have all these flowers in Animal Crossing I am so stoked."

What I love about the Conservatory was the sensory overload it gives to people. The colours and the lights are so exciting!

I forget what these flowers are called but they remind me of mangoes. 

I freaking love flowers.

Not the yellow brick road but, it sure is prettier. 

They even had koi fishes at the pond! 

I wish we were able to have plucked flowers. I would've made a lovely bouquet with all these colorful flowers. 

Green raindrops or droopy cucumbers? 

I had some trouble taking a picture of this. This group of tourists just so happened to stop right in front and start taking pictures while talking. Needless to say, I got impatient and pushed myself to the front of the crowd and took this shot, the proceeded to run for it LOL 

"To all the other dreamers out there, don't ever stop or let the world's negativity disenchant you or your spirit. If you surround yourself with love and the right people, anything is possible."

-Adam Green

It may take years for you to find a solid group of people who'll carry you home, but trust me, at the end of the day when you've got people that you can turn to no matter how much you've messed up, it'll be worth it. 

Now aside from the cheesy stuff, I do suggest visiting the Bellagio's Conservatory and Botanical Gardens. It's a pretty underrated place in my opinion, so do flock to it and snap photos! 

We walked through the front lobby to get out of the Bellagio. 

Premiering on ABC Family this fall, follow a group of friends as they through the trials and tribulations of living in Sin City!

Nikki hurt her foot after this. What a goober..


  "Sydney the elevator is here." "Wait hold on Ricky I need to take an OOTD" "A what...?"  

 Shirt: Oxygen 
Pants: Zara
Shoes: Comme des Garçons

So we made our way back into the Cosmopolitan parking lot ready to go home, but we decided to do an impromptu "fashion" shoot. By fashion I mean we just posed just like how models do, poking fun at the magazines I do, and the like. Honestly these pictures aren't meant to be taken seriously, they're just too funny. 

Nothing says fashion more than exhausted teenagers and an artistic wall. Oh and we went and took individual shots of each person. Never have I laughed so hard in one night. I didn't know my friends could be models in one snap of a camera.

Nikki channeling American Apparel. 

Alex Vogue-ing. 
...and then the fashion shoot turned into a Korean pop shoot. But Zi's Chinese. 

Sara channeling the 50s pinup look. My wife is lovely!!


Calvin will be more kawaii than you will ever be. 
 Tess is channeling the ever so elusive tumblr girl. 

High fashion or horror movie? 

We may be channeling our Vogue counterparts, but Cassie had no trouble bringing out her inner Seventeen Magazine self.
Choose your favorite power couple, we've all got superpowers or something. BUT KIM AND KANYE CAN EAT THEIR HEART OUT. 

It's a given but, Ricky and Zoe win Couple of the Night. 



I cannot thank my friends enough for coming together and having this great night. I'm sure that this isn't the last though. Here's to making more memories. 

Have a great weekend, and stay awesome. 

.s

No comments:

Post a Comment