<--! !-->

<--! !-->

Thursday, April 3, 2014

Sunday fun day, Mom's Birthday!

Last Sunday, we celebrated Mom's birthday!

It was a long day, but we had tons of food so it was a win-win situation. 


This is what I mean by me living in perpetual nowhere. Guaranteed, if you show this image to someone they'd automatically think Wisconsin or something. I guess I live in the outskirts of Vegas or the border of Henderson? Not too sure.

For the first time in a while actually, we spent my Mom's birthday at the restaurant she, along with a few others, run. I think you may have heard of it. RM Seafood! The executive chef and owner and my mom's boss, Rick Moonen was featured on Bravo's Top Chef Masters. Their Catfish Sloppy Joe also falls on Oprah's Favorites list!

 

The inside of THEhotel's shopping area. RM Seafood has a little banner at the top left! RiRa, the Irish pub on the right is really good as well. 

RX Boiler Room! This is situated on top of RM Seafood, and they've got a steampunk theme to their restaurant. RM Seafood is a casual dining place, while RX is their equivalent of a tapas restaurant. I love their tagline, "The Alchemy of Food and Drink". 


For all you LUSHies out there! I love their bath bombs, smells freaking heavenly. 


RX Boiler Room and RM Seafood. Love their exteriors. 

Mom and the older sis!

Mom and Dad! 


I hide behind the camera too much, but hey, at least I can photograph myself like this! 


The lunch menu for the day. Do try their Jumbo Lump Crab cake and their lobster rolls! 


Because Arnold Palmers are really the answer to everything. 

Amuse Bouche: Fried Shiso Leaf topped with Fresh Uni and Tobiko. 

 
Mussels with Bacon and Bleu Cheese, accompanied with Steamed Clams in Wine Sauce. 

Six kinds of oysters, the names escape me. 

 I love Clam Chowder. 

Papaya Salad with a Diver Scallop. 

Shrimp Carbonara with Cavatelli pasta. 

True North Salmon stuffed with King Crab, Fennel, and Citrus Vinaigrette

 Oh gosh do forgive for this horrendous shot. I completely forgot about taking pictures so I went and started eating it. Skirt Steak and Old Bay Fries. 

Seafood Cioppino

See what I said about there being a ton of food? Halfway through our appetizers I started getting real full! I guess the perks of having a mother as a boss is that everyone sends food we didn't even order. Mucho thank you to the RM Staff for the gracious hospitality and wonderful service. My mom would've probably been not too pleased if the service didn't meet her expectations, hehe. 

Onto dessert! Remember the Nutella Crème brûlée recipe I posted a while back? I actually based that recipe off of RM's very own. Now on the topic of who's is better, well, you'll be the judge.

Not quite sure if you could see it, but the lovely pastry chefs even wrote Happy Birthday in what I'd assume to be hazelnut syrup. 


Accompanying the Nutella Crème brûlée was another dessert platter. From the upper left we have a key lime cilantro pie with torched marshmallow topping, a pineapple upside down cake with a dried pineapple, strawberry short cake, and a miniature version of the Nutella Crème brûlée. Personally, my favorites were the key lime pie and the pineapple upside down cake. 

After our lunch, the day with Mom wouldn't be complete with one thing. Shopping! Mom's a great shopper, and one thing out of many other traits I've inherited from her is her fantastic taste in fashion, and style. So off we went to pick up some gifts. We decided to take the scenic route for the day and go through the Strip. I think it's been a while since I've done that actually. 



The closest I'll be to NYC for a while. At least it serves as an inspiration for my inspiration! 



The Mandarin Oriental (one of my favorite places to stay) and The Cosmopolitan. 

 Crystals! Crystals brought in some of the high end brands to Vegas such as Hermes, Gucci, Louis Vuitton, and Prada, whilst also bringing in MiuMiu and Lanvin to cater to the fashion savvy younger crowd. 

 Somehow my camera caught the infrared heat signatures on Ellie Goulding's face. She'll be performing here on April 12!

As much as I love the exterior of Paris, unfortunately I find their interior to be drab and a little outdated. 

The LINQ is one of the newest attractions Vegas has. I haven't been, but it's one big giant Ferris Wheel and along the alley are a bunch of restaurants and shops. I think I'll go pretty soon, maybe. 

 

We headed over to the Wynn and sauntered down Chanel. My mom bought a bag as of recent and we picked it up there. My mother's lovely personal shopper even bought her a wonderful perfume, and along with all that gave us Chanel's new Glass and Mirror ad campaign book featuring Lindsey Wixson. Unfortunately, you cannot take photos in a high end store, but I did do so in the comfort of my own home. 

The smaller bag contained the perfume, whilst the larger held the bag my mom bought. 

What's inside the box however, is up to you to imagine! Hehe.

I never really cared for Lindsey Wixson, but after looking through this ad campaign, I think she's one of my favorite models now. 


The Allure Perfume. Mom says it's more of a winter perfume than a spring one. Either way, she absolutely loves it. 

Happy Birthday Mommy! I love you very much, and I wish you more awesome birthdays!

Thanks for reading! 

No comments:

Post a Comment