<--! !-->

<--! !-->

Tuesday, August 5, 2014

SYD IN SAN FRANCISCO: DAY FOUR, PART TWO

It never really occurred to me how often I took pictures. I just remember the second I took one, I'd think to myself "ah, this is enough for a blog post." Little did I know I was already 50 pictures in too deep. No worries though, that's why I split Day Four into two parts.

After we ventured in and out of Union Square, we took the Trolley down to Fisherman's Wharf to get some famous clam chowder in a bread bowl, sightsee around the pier, and to see Sea Lions at Pier 39. 


The one thing I love about Fisherman's Wharf is the massive difference it serves compared to Union Square. From city life, we transitioned to an easy-going and almost relaxed beach atmosphere. Also, seagulls. We saw a lot of seagulls. I'm not a fan of those flying demons, even if some of them are sorta maybe kinda cute. 

Alcatraz souvenirs. Not so sure if I'd wear the stripped prison jumpsuit, hehe.

As soon as we got to Fisherman's Wharf, we all went ahead and relaxed for a bit. I remembered my first time visiting; the only difference was I visited November. I was glad the winter winds were far from approaching. The temperature began to drop a bit and it felt so nice! 


"Fisherman's Wharf is a neighborhood and popular tourist attraction in San Francisco, California. It roughly encompasses the northern waterfront area of San Francisco from Ghirardelli Square or Van Ness Avenue east to Pier 35 or Kearny Street. San Francisco's Fisherman's Wharf gets its name and neighborhood characteristics from the city's early days of the mid to later 1800s when Italian immigrant fishermen came to the city by the bay to take advantage of the influx of population due to the gold rush"

Wikipedia, you have saved the day yet again. 
I went here the last time I was in SF, which I think was two years or a year and a half ago? My sister, her boyfriend, and I went in here and lollygagged for a bit. My friends and I explored around and went through the back to get a view of the Bay. 

The Ferry that would take passengers to Alcatraz Island. 

Alcatraz Island! Famous for being one of the most daunting maximum security prisons, and for housing Al Capone. I visited Alcatraz way back with my family. Such a great experience and a very interesting history lesson, I do suggest you go! 


He was a street performer who swallowed things. Like swords, balloons, and the like. He said he was on America's Got Talent, but I'm not too sure on that.

One of my most favorite restaurants in all of SF. We ate here for dinner! 


After dinner we wanted to see some of the famous sea lions of Pier 39, so off we went! 


Near the seals were a bunch of pier-side stores. One of them we went into, the store had a whole ton of international candy. 


After our time at Fisherman's Wharf, we decided to go on home. The walk to Embarcadero Station wasn't so bad, a 15 minute walk while the sun was setting was pretty fun! We passed by the Exploratorium. 

The San Francisco Segway Tours. 

The walk to Embarcadero Station was pretty. The buildings lit up one by one as the sun went down. 


Stopped by the Ferry Building, but unfortunately some of the shops that I remember were already closed. I keep forgetting that cities outside of Las Vegas are not 24 hours. 


The buildings facing the Ferry Building were absolutely beautiful. 


No comments:

Post a Comment